Monday, September 8, 2008

16 weeks! IT"S A BOY!

Well, we had our ultrasound on Wednesday, and it was AMAZING! We were able to see our little one for the first time. Ron and I were so excited, they asked us if we wanted to find out the sex and we said yeah, if we can. We thought we were at 14 weeks and didn't know if we could find out yet. The ultrasound technician said it shouldn't be a problem and found his little boy parts right away. They also did 3-D images which was so cool, technology is amazing! The ultrasound made it so real, it was the coolest thing to see him moving around and even drinking. Ron is already a proud father showing everyone the pictures of his son, it is so cute :) They also found out by doing measurements that I am actually 16 weeks along rather than 14, my new due date is February 19, 2009. I knew I was farther along than what they said! Maybe it will be a Valentines baby :)

Here is my latest baby bump picture.I feel like I am getting huge now, I think I might have to buy maternity pants soon :)

Life for the baby:16 Weeks

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he is about the size of an avacodo: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

We had an exiting week last week, we found out we were having a boy, and my brother Justin came home for leave from Iraq! We are so excited to have him home for a couple of weeks, we all missed him a ton. I was able to go to the airport on Friday and pick him up and spend the rest of the day with him. He looks great, and we are so proud of him!

Ron and I also went to a wedding this Saturday, two of our good friends Matt and Angie got married. We had a great time, the wedding was beautiful.
Our next doctors appointment is on September 18, so please continue to pray for us and little "Timmy" as my mom calls him.

No comments: