Friday, January 23, 2009

36 Weeks

36 weeks and counting, I can't believe we are so close now. Maybe even closer than we expected, from conversations from my doctors this week it sounds like it may be sooner than what we expected, as I stated in my last post. We are teetering between whether it is better to have the baby out and being fed or left in my tummy and trying to see if he will continue to grow. It is pretty much a waiting game now until my appointment Monday, which will check the amniotic fluid and the next Monday which will check his growth again. I have been doing NST's and his heart rate is great, so health wise he is doing good other than being a little small. Praise the Lord! Here are my last two weeks belly photos!

Check out our new glider! I am ready to rock our little monkey now!

Work threw Ron and I a little luncheon shower today, this is the cute cake Jennifer from my work made!

And who said Michigan isn't beautiful in the winter, Ron and I were driving to work the other morning and it was so cold it looked like the sun was on fire.

Here is what is going on with the baby this week

36 Weeks:Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds like a crenshaw melon and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEIDI...I just wanted to tell you that I was so excited last night when I saw we missed your call that I had dreams all night about random people having babies b/c I thought for sure you had the little guy yesterday. Anyways, we are so excited to meet him when he does get here! How are you feeling? Are you getting ready for it to be done?