Friday, January 9, 2009

33 Weeks

Sorry it has been so long since I posted actual belly pictures! My life has been crazy with the holidays. Here I am at 33 weeks, this picture was taken by Summer Osborn from SJO Photography, she is a family friend I have know since I was born and an amazing photographer who took our engagement, family and wedding photographs. Check out her blog to see some more of our maternity photos, they are amazing, thanks Summer! http://www.sjophotography.blogspot.com/ I also have it linked on my page. I have been feeling pretty well, and putting on weight like the doctor wanted :) This week has been busy with baby stuff, Monday we started birthing classes, Wednesday we had a breastfeeding class and yesterday I started my weekly non stress tests. I had to sit in a recliner for a half hour with a fetal heart monitor on my stomach to monitor the babies heart rate. It was amazing to just sit there relax, and listen to his heartbeat. What a beautiful blessing God has given us, I am getting so excited to meet our little monkey :)

We had a wonderful New Years, we spent the night with really good friends at Steven and Courtney's house. Here are a few pictures!!

Here is what was going on with the baby at 33 weeks, I am actually 34 weeks right now, but wanted to update you anyways. I will post pictures of 34 weeks soon :)

Week 33: This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds heft a pineapple, and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a cone head like appearance.)These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

No comments: