Friday, October 31, 2008

Week 24

Wow, time is flying I can't believe I am 24 weeks already. Things have been going really well, and I am feeling great. Here is my 24 weeks picture!I went to the doctor last week, she said I seem to be doing really well. I am putting on enough weight, which was something they were worried about and the baby seems to be healthy. We discussed more of my plan for the pregnancy and we decided to do an elective ceserean because of the chance of my crohns spreading. We went throught alot of discussion and decided this would be best for me in the long run. So, that means our little guy will be here before February 14!!! It is nice to be able to plan my date, I am hoping to have him on a day close to the weekend, but we will see as the day gets nearer.

The nursery is coming along, we have most of the room painted. Here is Ron just starting with the first coat.

Here is the finalized dresser. I really like how it turned out. I think the dark brown will tone down the bright green we have going on the walls :)
Kodah and I did a little helping with painting, I did the trim and Kodah got in the way. My wonderful husband did most of the work though, he is the most amazing man in the world :) I don't know what I would do without him!
Here is Ron and I, we haven't taken a picture of the two of us in a while :) What a handsome man he is...

Here is whats going on with the baby this week

Week 24:Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long picture an ear of corn, he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments: