Friday, October 17, 2008

Week 22

Sorry it has been so long since my last post, life has been crazy for the Henion house hold. So, I am officially 22 weeks and over half way!!! Yay, very exciting. I have been feeling pretty good, and trying to rest as much as possible. We had another ultrasound since my last blog. Our little monkey is doing great, he is growing perfectly and as you can see I am growing too :) I am having the hardest time finding maternity pants, my legs are too long and none of them fit right. So, I think I have come to the conclusion that I am going to make my own. I will let you know how it goes :) Here are a couple ultrasound photos from our last appt. Isn't he cute, I love his little nose :)

Our good friends Josh and Lauren got married last weekend, it was a beautiful day. Ron was in the wedding and we had a great time. Summer who photographed my wedding did their pictures and I had the privilege of helping her all day. It was so much fun!!

Here is the beautiful couple! Thanks for letting Ron and I be apart of your day, we love you guys and are so excited for you both!


Here is whats going on with the baby this week.

Week 22:

At 11 inches the length of a spaghetti squash and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I had the same problem with jeans! I actually just went to Maurices and bought a few off the clearance rack that were a bigger size and that worked for my entire pregnancy. It's worth it and then save them for afterwards too! I also used the belly band from motherhood. I hope that helps you some! P.S. Steve and I are praying for your family too

Anonymous said...

He's absolutely adorable, just like his parents! I love his little nose too. You're looking great too - such a cute little belly! Can't wait to hear how the pant making goes. Glad you're feeling well :o) Kate Avink