Monday, February 2, 2009

Coming Home Wednesday!!!!

Hey everyone, this is Heidi I am up and finally ready to send you an update :) Thanks to my amazing husband for updating my blog while I was a little busy :) Things are going really well, I am still at the hospital boarding until Isaac can go home. We had an amazing day yesterday, I feel like we have a totally different little boy. He came to life yesterday, he started breast feeding a lot better and made a lot of progress. His blood sugar was really good everytime they checked it so they began lowering it yesterday morning. By last night it was really good so they took the IV out and he has been keep up good levels ever since. PRAISE THE LORD, he doesn't have to have an IV put back in! This morning I was able to talk to the pediatrician, they decided to put him under the billy lights today for 24 hours. They have been checking his billy ruben levels everyday and they have been pretty steady at a high level, they were hoping it would go down but it hasnt. So he will be under the billy lights today for 24 hours and if all goes according to plans out of the incubator by tomorrow morning!! THey will monitor his temperature and weight tomorrow and should be able to go home on Wednesday!! God is good, you have no idea how excited how excited Ron and I are to take our little boy home! The progress he has made in the last 24 hours has been amazing, God has been answering our prayers for sure. I really wanted to say thank you to everyone for your thoughts, prayers and phone calls. Ron and I are so blessed to have such amazing people in our lives supporting us. Please keep praying for improvement and that everything goes well when we take him home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am so happy that Isaac is making so much progress! It was great to see you guys on Friday, you both seem so happy & so proud! We'll have to come visit when you get home so we can hold him and see how much he's grown!