Tuesday, December 2, 2008

28 weeks

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope everyone had a great day! I have so much to be thankful for this year, my amazing husband, our home, our jobs, our families, our dog :) and of course a little boy on the way. God has really blessed Ron and I a lot and we want to give him all the glory.

So, I am officially in the 3rd trimester!! Yay! I can't believe it, I feel like time is flying by. Our little boy will be here before you know it. Here I am at 28 weeks.

I had an appointment at the High Risk doctor last week, and it didn't go as great as what were were hoping. They did and ultrasound and it looks like he is a little small, he is in the 30th percentile for his weight. They said everything else looks to be fine, just that he is a little underweight. The doctor is concerned that I may be malnutritioned from my crohns, which means I am not getting all the nutrients out of the food I am eating and therefore the baby isn't getting it either. I have to get some blood work done and they are going to be watching us pretty closely. I am having appointments every 2 weeks now with my regular doctor and she will be working with the high risk doctor to make sure everything is okay. They are also concerned that I might go into preterm labor or the babies weight might be around 5.5 lbs both results of my crohns. So definitely keep us in your prayers, we want the little guy to stay in my belly as long as he can :) Other than that, everything is going great, I feel him kicking constantly and sometimes can even feel hiccups and his heartbeat. Ron and I are getting really excited, it is going to be a big change but a great one.

Here is whats going on with the baby this week.

Week 28: By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds like a Chinese cabbage and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

No comments: